We rely on volunteers to provide our service. Please contact our Manager, Jan, on 01305 766621 or Facebook if you would like to help.
Our volunteers come from every walk of life:
People often find that working here helps restore real self-esteem, a stepping stone to taking a
full part in society. A big motivation is giving time to others, and enjoying the relaxed atmosphere
and companionship of our other volunteers.
- Retired people who have time to spare and may want to make use of their
skills and experience
- Ones who would like to learn new skills.
- Younger people looking for work experience on the
way to full-time education or employment.
- People who need to build up confidence to get back into in the job market.
What do we offer?
We provide the opportunity for volunteers to help others in a very practical way, meet people and be part of a close-knit, friendly team.
- We need drivers and crew to collect donated items and deliver to customers. This is fairly strenuous, involves direct contact with the public and requires a friendly, courteous and tactful approach.
- We also need people to assist in the warehouse including cleaning and moving stock.
- Workshop activities provide the opportunity to carry out minor repairs to the furniture.
- There are also opportunities for face to face contact with clients in store and the scheduling of deliveries and collections.